Grilled Zucchini Caprese Roll-Ups

14:25 0 Comments



I am trying to think of how to start this post, but the only words looping around my brain tonight are: “I like to ooot, ooot, ooot, oooples and banooonooos”.

And if you don’t have a toddler, you have no idea of what I’m talking about and probably think I’m insane.

It seems that Kai has a thing for the Wiggles, and I don’t get it because I didn’t grow up on the Wiggles. To me they are strange grown men, wearing turtle necks, singing kids songs and dancing around. And guys: they are like reeeeally committing to these dance moves. Especially that purple one. So much enthusiasm! 

Ingredients
3 medium zucchinis, sliced into strips using a vegetable peeler
24 baby bocconcini
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
24 basil leaves
olive oil
salt & pepper

Instructions
Pre-heat grill over medium-high (400°F on my BBQ).
Place one basil leaf, cherry tomato half and bocconcini on a zucchini strip.
Roll as tightly as you can, and secure with a toothpick.
Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Brush roll-ups with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Grill until the zucchini is lightly charred, 1-2 minutes per side.




Notes
Update ~Here~

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: