mint chocolate candy brownies

05:33 0 Comments



With St. Patrick’s Day just a week away I thought now it’s the perfect time to share with you one of my favorite ways to celebrate this holiday. With dessert, of course! Cocoa brownies loaded with mint chocolate candy, a thick layer of creme de menthe frosting and a generous amount of ganache. Doesn’t that sound just perfect? And not just for this holiday. You can make these irresistible brownies for Christmas as well. In fact, you can make them year round! You know me, chocolate desserts have no holiday! Enjoy them daily!

With so many chocolate desserts, I’m sure everyone has a favorite. As some of you know my #1 dessert of choice is chocolate cheesecake, but both my husband and my daughter LOVE anything mint chocolate. Needless to say, these brownies ranked high on their list. And for good reason. They are fudgy, gooey, and rich.

To make the brownie layer, there’s no mixer required (I love one bowl brownie recipes!) It’s a cocoa based brownie, but don’t be fooled! They are as rich as a chocolate brownie! For the mint candy, I usedHershey’s creme de menthe bliss candy but you can use andes chocolate just as well.

The creme de menthe frosting is so good I caught my husband eating it with the spoon straight from the mixing bowl. Creme de menthe is one of those ingredients – a little goes a long way. I can say the same about mint extract. Play with the creme de menthe adding as little or as much to fit your taste buds. If you do not have any creme de menthe, you can use mint extract and green food coloring.

To get the full recipe, visit Imperial Sugar website



Notes
Update ~Here~

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: